Our career coaching will help you explore your potential and juggle a range of commitments and responsibilities in both your career and your personal life. Our approach is designed for people keen to maximise their potential and is particularly relevant to those contemplating a change, aiming to improve themselves, or at a personal crossroads.
It will allow you to explore the three different aspects of your role.
The special capabilities and skills that you have that make you good at your job and give you confidence.
Help and encourage you to give as much to key relationships as you need in order to build on your improvement targets. We all work within a community and we need to understand where we have strengths and when we need to ask other people for help.
ADAPTING TO OPPORTUNITIES
This is the important role that most of us overlook, because we’re too busy getting on with the job. We should know what our strengths and weaknesses are and where we are going professionally; but do we get distracted from seeing the opportunities? This is all about our resilience and managing this is the third key role?
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
- Develop an understanding of key issues affecting people in work
- Identify personal career aspirations and life goals
- Understand how to deal with barriers to success
- Develop a greater appreciation of individual strengths and weaknesses
- Build relationships with stakeholders who can help you manage your career
- create processes to provide honest and objective feedback
- Develop action plans for the short, medium and long term
- Establish sources of support for future benefit
This will help you develop your own career management system and start to feel in control.
HOW CAN I APPLY IT IN MY CAREER?
- Improving Capability
- Talent Management
- Recognise diversity
- Build teamwork and support networks
- Time management
- Manage training constructively
- Organisational development
- Work life balance
For further information on “Personal Best” contact Mike Tanner at MTA Consulting on 01202 421229
BENEFITS OF USING “PERSONAL BEST”?
- A clearer understanding of career aims and personal goals
- The ability to understand the climate at work
- Improved skills and competencies
- A range of tools to turn ideas into reality
- A committed agenda for training and development
- Agreed and relevant Personal Development Plans
While individuals assess themselves and their career expectations, organisations follow a similar process defining tasks and jobs, which need to be accomplished, and assessing the ability of people to perform these. Often the individual and organisational career management processes pay little attention to what the other is doing.
We try to combine them both!