Stop the clock
You want to perform.. But does your team perform?
We spend our lives chasing the clock, chasing our tails, chasing the boss.
When do we stop to think?
Our structured coaching for leaders can help.
We ask leaders to take time out and help them work more effectively?
The purpose of leadership coaching is to provide a framework for reviewing the essential components of team performance. It provides an outside perspective and can be structured to explore issues under the surface.
These are like separate pieces of a puzzle.
As we explore each component we can see ways of improving it. Team coaching will also represent an opportunity to share ideas and look at practical ways with which to introduce new approaches to teamwork. It is about taking the long vision, not just looking at today’s symptoms.
Why Is It Important:
There are many people who can influence the performance of a team. The obvious ones are customers and suppliers. Less obvious ones are external coaches who can:
- Spot opportunities
- Introduce new tools and approaches
- Provide feedback
It is only through a culture of continuous improvement that you can develop your team’s performance. This means
- Talking about the things that are important
- Targetting things which need improvement
- Recognising your successes
- Building confidence.
- An initial consultation
- A guide to the different aspects of team work
- Team role assessments
- Facilitate the setting of goals
- Review work roles and an understanding work preferences
- Help with team building and team dynamics
- Monitor the assignment of work
- Design communication frameworks
- Preparation of tools and off site events
- Help with management of risk and the assessment of key decisions
- Guidelines for running effective meetings
- Review of internal relationships
- Analysis of recordings of team performance
- A sense of direction for the team
- A better understanding of colleagues
- Knowledge of how each team member can contribute to the teams objectives
- Guidelines on how to stay in touch
- Ways of communicating with the invisible team
- A belief in each other
- Specific actions to move the team on
Your team leaders wants to contribute- talk to us about how you can help them.