Your Approach to Assigning Work
This profiling tool
- Assesses your style of assigning work
- Promotes a wider ownership of work
- Achieves more from everyone
When you assign work do you always achieve the desired outcomes? In an increasingly complex world, successful people concentrate on what they do best, this means working closely with colleagues and partners all of whom play a part in the team and contribute to the mix of work.
The competence of assigning work is crucial:
- If we do this well we will achieve more personally and make those around us feel involved.
- If we do it badly we will be overworked, isolated and ineffective.
- If we are successful it will help you connect with those around you
We need to understand both:
- Our preference for assigning particular types of work
- How we communicate with different people about work expectations
Select candidates to use the profile, identify their strengths and weaknesses in the way they distribute work.
Action plan with candidates concerning both what they can delegate and how to review progress after they have had time to implement new strategies.
Improve Your Work Dynamics-Get Connected With Your Team.
Ways Your Organisation Could Use It:
Use it as a coaching tool
Analyse the approach an individual has on their team
Nominate a group of jobholders who will go through the process
Help a team engage with their suppliers
Use it to understand and manage conflict
Used by Castle Cameras to develop the leadership style of the MD
- Self assessment questionnaires
- 360 degree feedback questionnaire
- Feedback reports
- Development guides for staff
- Targeted coaching
- Different strategies for improvements
Passing work to others is like running in a relay race. If we drop the baton the race is lost. The best teams plan how they will pass it from one to another and practice. This profiling tool will help you improve at passing work to others and to work as a team.
- Less confusion over what is expected and more motivated staff
- Closer and more satisfying relationships which creates greater flexibility
- More time to concentrate on your core work and achieve high quality
- A greater sense of control at work handover which builds trust
- More efficiency as staff are not engaged on the wrong work
- More effective teams who are able to concentrate on real work
- Retention of staff who feel greater work satisfaction
This is one of the most pressing issues in the workplace today