Improving Your Team Balance
All members of a team have dual roles.
- The first role, the functional one, is because they are an accountant, an engineer or a sales person. We measure effectiveness through professional competence.
- The second role concerns their ability to plan for the group or socialise or set the standards. We measure this through Team Roles. Understanding team roles helps us both analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the team and see how individuals can contribute.
Team role profiling offers you the opportunity to exploit the diversity of any group. It can bring balance and confidence to team members and help them achieve success. Football managers spend a fortune trying to do this-you do not have to. Team role profiling will help you with some key questions:
- Are the team playing to their strengths
- Does the team deliver on time?
- Is the quality of service up to standard
What is the missing link that stops your team performing?
Switch your team on by helping them understand themselves better and give them the edge.
Features of Team Roles:
We provide a suite of feedback instruments.
Team Role Overview:
This provides a common language that allows team members to understand each other and talk about issues that are hard to define.
Self Perception V Observers:
Exploration son’s team roles brings out the importance of how individuals project themselves to others. A person with a Coherent Profile is one in which self knowledge accords with the assessments of others. In the case of the Compatible Profile observers may differ somewhat in their expectations but there is still a core
This provides a common language that allows team members to understand each other and talk about issues that are frequently very hard to define.
This index explores the work individuals will be drawn and explains their working preferences.
Job Role Profile:
Provides a rich insight into how managers view each others’ roles: it also provides a means of assessing the demand of a particular job. Team Performance Profiles: These show the strengths and weaknesses of teams and enable them to identify ways in which take a more balanced approach.
This report makes a make comparison between the team roles of two individuals and shows how they can work together effectively.
How Your Organisation Can Use It?
Profile candidates at recruitment and assessment centres
Analyse individuals who need to adapt change and integrate with coaching strategies
Profile teams to help them understand the different personalities in the team along with the balance of the group. Team building strategies can then help the team build on its strengths
Identify difficulties in conflict management or negotiation
Help project leaders to find ways of investing in and inspiring their teams
Ring us on 01202 421229 to discuss how you might use this on one of your teams.
Team Role Benefits
- Provides a common language regarding performance that allows a group to develop
- Analysis of team role composition gives vital information about how different people see you
- Comparing yourself with observers helps you understand the quality of your working life and how you can adapt
- Role preferences will help you assign and distribute work
- Feedback and development suggestions helps team members focus on realistic improvement targets
- Working style will enable you to select people for key projects
- Understanding working relationships helps manage expectations
- A clearer picture of roles helps you understand where you need to invest or recruit
- Reports on the dynamics of the team helps facilitate crucial communication and increases your ability to set realistic targets
- Online assessments enable people to offer opinions and feedback quickly and with confidentiality.
- On Line Assessment
- Confidential feedback from colleagues, managers suppliers etc
- Delivery of a comprehensive suite of reports to help individuals understand their contribution
- Coaching and action planning
- Building capabilities
- Understanding of working style
- Application of self knowledge to different teams